Fort Hill offers a spectacular view of the Kanawha River and downtown Charleston.

Craik-Patton House

It was built about 1834 in the Greek Revival style.  It was originally located on Virginia St. in Charleston, but moved to its present site in 1973 to save it from the threat of demolition. 

The house features four massive columns that support the extended center roof with pilasters placed above the front facade. It was faithfully restored and preserved for the public by the Colonial Dames of America in the state of West Virginia and open for tours from April through October.

Amenities

  • Admission
  • Discounts
  • Free Parking
  • Group Tour/Motorcoach
  • Handicap Accessible
  • Public Restrooms
  • Take Reservations
  • Hours of Operation:

Map