2. Competition will be fierce at the Mac & Cheese Cook-Off
that will take place at the Capitol Market. Come out and enjoy one of the best dishes of food around. Proceeds from this event will benefit the Childhood Language Center of Charleston.
3. Join the YWCA Charleston in celebrating the 30th anniversary of Foodie Feast
. Enjoy brunch with a fresh, modern twist on a conventional Thanksgiving. Sip a cocktail while sampling unique creations by local celebrity chefs mixed with sumptuous, traditional comfort foods made by Wellington's.
4. The National Junior College Athletic Association
Volleyball Division II Championship games will be held at the Charleston Civic Center. Come out and see teams from across the US compete in this volleyball tournament.
5. The entire family is invited to join along with the Sesame Street
family for a night of fun in their quest in making a new friend! You'll see such characters as Burt and Ernie, Cookie Monster, Elmo and many more.
6. The Fabulous Thunderbirds, John Paul White, Golden State - Lone Star Revue, The Honey Island Swamp Band and more are set to perform live on Mountain Stage
at the Culture Center.
7. It's the Black Friday Edition of ARTWALK
. Finish off your Thanksgiving leftovers and bring the family to Downtown Charleston. Participating shops are located along Quarrier, Capitol and Lee streets in Downtown Charleston and feature a variety of art - from paintings and sculptures to photography and music.
8. Show your love for small business! Come out and show your support for local businesses and get some great holiday gifts! Small Business Saturday
is a day dedicated to supporting small businesses across the country. It was originated by American Express in 2010, which now states, "One small day has grown into a movement that millions of individuals, businesses and communities have embraced nationwide."
9. Families reserve your spot now with Santa
at the Chick-fil-a located at the Charleston Town Center. Sing along with Santa, make crafts and meet the Chick-fil-a Santa Cow. Children will also be able to write their personal letter to Santa and much more! Space is limited so act quickly!
10. The Hallmark Channel presents Trans-Siberian Orchestra, The Ghost of Christmas Eve
at the Charleston Civic Center Coliseum. This critically acclaimed, multi-platinum, musical powerhouse that is the Trans-Siberian Orchestra will give you a musical experience like no other. The rock opera features such fan favorites as "Come All Ye Faithful," "Good King Joy," "This Christmas Day," and more.