Top 10 Things to do in June
1. FestivALL - Named one of the Top 20 events in 2016 by the Southeast Tourism Society, FestivALL includes visual arts, music, theater, dance and film as well as other cultural and entertainment events. It mixes fine and pop arts in venues and locations all over Charleston and includes a wide variety of styles and genres. Highlights include the Mayor's Concert; the Capitol Street Art Fair; the Wiz by the Charleston Light Opera Guild; an Art Parade; Mountain Stage; Smoke on the Water Chili Cook-Off; Craft Brews, Blues & BBQ; Wine & All That Jazz; and BB Riverboat River Queen cruises.
2. Capitol City Biker Bash - The Capitol City Biker Bash takes place at Haddad Riverfront Park along the banks of the beautiful Kanawha River. It will be three days of free concerts including LOCASH, Shooter Jennings with the Waymore's Outlaws and more. There also will be a benefit ride for Hospice Care.
3. Live on the Levee - Summer's official Friday night free live concert is back. Live on the Levee takes place every Friday with music starting at 6:30 pm in a fun and friendly environment.
4. Symphony Sunday - The West Virginia Symphony Orchestra returns with a Pinnacle Party - A Night in Gotham - at the Columbia Pipeline rooftop with music, beer and wine, and heavy hor d'oeuvres on June 3. Then on Sunday, June 5, is Symphony Sunday's Heroes event. This event is free and features some of the community's most beloved music, food, games and artisans, and fireworks finale overlooking the West Virginia state Capitol from the University of Charleston lawn.
5. Bridgefest - Save the date for Bridgefest 2016 on Tuesday, June 28, from 6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Bridgefest will have fun and entertainment for the entire family. There will be food, games for children, live music courtesy of The Voodoo Katz and much more.
6. Farm to Table - J. Q. Dickinson Salt-Works celebrates the season with a monthly unique farm-to-table dining experience. On June 8, join Chef Tim Urbanic of Cafe Cimino Country Inn, located in Sutton, at J.Q. Dickinson Salt-Works as he makes an eclectic menu that is locally sourced. Dinners are BYOB (bring your own beverage) and a portion of the event will support West Virginia's nonprofit healthy food initiatives.
7. Trivillian's - Trivillian's Pharmacy and Soda Fountain has been serving the area for over 65 years. Come in today for hot dogs and milk shakes in this quaint mom and pop style shop.
8. Kin Ship Goods - The west side of Charleston is proud to announce the relocation of Kin Ship Goods and opening of Base Camp Printing Co. at their new location on 613 Tennessee Ave. After months of work, the doors are now open. Come
9. Drag Race - Rainbow Pride of West Virginia's 5th annual charity Drag Race takes place on June 3 at Davis Park. This event is full of laughs and entertainment while also raising funds for Manna Meal of Charleston. Watch as teams race up and down the block handing off wigs, dresses and shoes to their teammates in a race to the finish. For those who come just to watch, you can purchase water balloons to throw at those racing.
10. Tricky Fish - Now that summer has officially started check out Tricky Fish and take advantage of their new deck furniture. Grab a cold beer, some fish tacos and their famous hush puppies.