Top 10 Things to do in July
1. National Ice Cream Month - July is known as the hottest month of the year - what better way to cool down with National Ice Cream month. Head downtown to Ellen's for their homemade ice cream with a wide variety of flavors, ice cream treats and frozen yogurt. Ellen's also offers much more than just ice cream as well as soups, salads, wraps and much more.
2. Fireworks - Not sure where to catch a display? Join in the celebration July 4th weekend all over Charleston. Come out to the West Virginia Power games on July 1 and 2, after the games stay for the fireworks. Then Charleston's July 4th Celebration will be held on July 3 at Haddad Riverfront Park.
3. Capitol Market ON TAP! - Join the Capitol Market for their exclusive beer festival on July 16. Capitol Market ON TAP! will feature local and regional micro breweries and food will be provided by vendors from the Capitol Market. There will be live entertainment provided by the Voodoo Katz.
4. Kanawha City Bike Trail - Bike on the Kanawha City Bike Trail right along the Kanawha River. Enjoy the accessible flat track and take advantage of the partially shaded trail, which begins around the University of Charleston and goes down to 57th street and loops back around.
5. Bridge Road Sidewalk Sale - Come out to the charming shops up at Bridge Road. See what great deals and steals you can get when you shop local during the Bridge Road Sidewalk Sale during July 30 and 31.
6. Eddie Izzard - Come see Eddie Izzard at the Clay Center for the Arts and Sciences on July 20. "The greatest British standup comedian of his generation," per The London Sunday Times. Izzard takes ideas and situations and extrapolates them into bizarre tangential, absurd and his surreal comic narratives skip from Darth Vader and Greek mythology to human sacrifice and chaos theory.
7. Culture Center 40th Anniversary - For 40 years, the Culture Center has been the premier welcome center for our state. Featuring the West Virginia State Museum and the West Virginia Archives, it is a special place to celebrate and discover more about our state's heritage, culture and history. There will be special exhibits, presentations and music during the day on July 16.
8. Appalachian Boarding Company - If you are looking for rentals, lessons, fitness, and guided tours for surfboarding, stand up paddleboarding, and longboarding check out Appalachian Boarding Company. Appalachian Boarding Company is based out of Scott Depot but will gear up and meet you within a two- hour radius of their home base.
9. Mi Cocina de Amor and Sugar & Spice - Mi Cocina de Amor uses generation old recipes that have been passed down through the family and offers a wide variety of authentic Mexican dishes including traditional favorites and fresh mariscos. Catering services available for any size function. Charleston's favorite Blue Agave Margaritas, wine, sangria and only premium Mexican beer. Enjoy your meal and a drink on their new signature patio. Afterwards stroll down the street to Sugar & Spice pastry Shop and enjoy the richest, most flavorful experience possible. Fresh, natural ingredients, supplied by local farms and dairies, Sugar & Spice deliver a taste that's delightfully special.
10. Maks and Val - Our Way - Maks & Val Live On Tour: Our Way is the thrilling all-new smash hit dance tour of the summer. Maksim and Valentin Chmerkovskiy, the hottest stars of ABC's hit show Dancing with the Stars, will be heading to Charleston on July 16.